Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Slow down, the bunny will still be there.

I got stopped in a speed trap on the way to the mall, and that's what the police officer said.  He pulled me over for speeding, he took my license and registration asked me a few questions, and then went to his SUV.  I sat in the van with the girls crying a little because I wasn't sure how we were going to pay for the ticket.  Kate started to cry a little.  I just felt dumb.  It's a place the police often sit, at the bottom of the passing zone on hwy 9 just east of the Beeton road.  I wasn't paying attention this morning.  We were all excited about our excursion - emission test and BUNNY, and blasting the hey hey hey song never helps!  Well, happy Easter to me, because when he came back he told me it was my lucky day because he was just going to give me a warning.  I cried a little more, I was so grateful.  (Crying...)

Next up Canadian Tire for an emission test - the van passed, and the girls and I had fun looking at tents and patio furniture.  Then the mall.  We went straight to the bunny, Fiona took some coaxing - she's clutching a chocolate egg in her hand.  Kate and Alice were very excited.  Alice had told me ahead of time that she wanted to stand and hold the bunny's hand, I think it actually worked out very well.  Kate of course was in all her glory.  I asked Kate afterwards if she would be too old to see the bunny next year, the disgust in her voice answering no, it was amusing.

We had a great lunch, a fun time playing in the play area, we just had a lovely time, and the girls were so great.  When we were walking to the van in the parking lot and I was thinking about what a great day I'd had with my girls I almost forgot the way it started!  I'm not sure why I didn't get a ticket this morning, but I would like to think it was a tender mercy from my Father in Heaven. 

No comments: