We've called him old man for as long as I can remember - us kids that is. Seventy-five seems like the number for the anniversary of a store, not the age of my father. I look at his face, I'm not sure what 75 is supposed to look like. What does 75 act like? I'm not sure what age Dad has ever acted.
We had dinner at Mom and Dad's tonight. Mom made roast beef, roast potatoes, carrot and turnip, and peas. She ordered Swiss Chalet for my crazy fussy children - so above and beyond, I was both touched a slightly depressed thinking about it - the fussy children that is. (They really don't like meat - or cooked carrots, who are these children?!) Andrew brought a Billy Miner Pie from the Keg, but Dad didn't tell Mom, so they got a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake from Baskin Robbins. Andrew also picked up donuts for my girls - as per my request. And for his birthday we gave him butter tarts and oh henry bites. I suppose it makes sense that there should be extra dessert when it's Dad's birthday, he's always loved treats!
We had a fun night. The girls love playing with Rayna and Andrew. Mom was in the kitchen lots - taking the turn for dishes from Dad. And Dad, he just sat enjoying it all, taking it all in. Watching his crazy grand-daughters and loving it. He was a happy lad tonight - not grumpy at all. He didn't sneak off to his bedroom, and he didn't fall asleep in his chair. I guess I would say that 75 agrees with him!
I took some pictures with my phone because although I charged the battery I forgot the battery at home. ARGH!
Happy Birthday DAD! We're so glad we got to celebrate with you! Here's to many more!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment