Sunday, April 08, 2012

A Beautiful Day for a Baptism

When I called my sweet friend Heidi to tell her that we were coming I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that her sweet #4 Josie would be getting baptized.  We met at church in Waterloo, NY and then went home with Heidi and her family.  After much convincing from her siblings, Josie agreed to be baptized in the canal behind the house.  I think everyone breathed a huge sigh of relief that the sun came out and it actually felt warm, as there was no back up plan!

Josie before the dip!


Maggie holding Kate ready to watch the baptism.
Todd acting as father and bishop conducting the service.
It was so beautiful.
Getting a warm towel and a hug afterwards.
 The view of the canal behind the house.
The Heidi and Todd Egan family with Todd's parents.  
 
After the baptism we enjoyed hanging out with friends and family and Josie enjoyed her celebratory mug of hot cocoa and entire can of whipped cream as was promised!

Alice played with Lily's play glasses.
Alice played with a booster chair.
Alice played with a bunny.
And Kate had the longest nap ever... and was still tired and grumpy when she woke up, poor little muffin!


1 comment:

Bates Blogger said...

How fun! I meant to ask if you saw Heidi when you came down. Now I know you did!