Today got off to a rough start. Goodbyes have been pretty painless so far but this morning both girls were crying when I left, so I cried. When I called twenty minutes later Kate was still crying. We said a little prayer together over the phone and we both cried. My prayers were answered later that day when Antoinette (who never messages me at work) sent me a text to let me know the girls were having a great day.
The day did get better and better. I had scheduled a hair appointment for after school and given the morning that I had I almost cancelled it. I wanted to do something drastic - to my hair. After being told that the hairstyle I wanted wouldn't work with my hair I was a little disappointed but I trusted him to do something... I just wasn't quite sure what. Well two hours later I was extremely happy with my hair but completely frantic to get home.
We had a quiet evening. Ken made a yummy dinner and he picked up cupcakes at a new bakery in Alliston. I am so grateful for my sweet little family and for cupcakes. Cupcakes really do make everything better. (I am not grateful for birthdays. I'm still not ready to think about next year's birthday. More on that later.)
No comments:
Post a Comment