Monday, April 09, 2012

The Long Ride Home

We left Heidi and Todd's and went to the Outlet Mall.  From there we went back to Rochester for another go at the Museum of Play.  (Did I mention we bought a pass for the family?)  Next, home!

Kate had lots to say on the ride home.  Lots...

(I think Alice was happily chatting to herself... Kate didn't like this.)

I want to push Alice down the stairs.

(I've told Kate a number of times that when she's angry she needs to take a big breath and count to ten.  So she counted, a few times.)


Alice, I'm done counting.  

I'm done counting.

I have no more numbers to count.

I wanna throw Alice my water bottle.

(Ken informed Kate that he loved her, that she was his special girl.)

I'm not your special girl.

(As we were getting closer to Buffalo and telling Kate that we were almost in Buffalo.)

I'm not Buffalo.

I'm not Buffalo.

I'm not going to Buffalo.

(Back to Alice)

I wanna hit Alice.


I don't wanna go home.

(As we were getting closer to the border.)

I don't wanna go to Canada.


I wanna go to Ontario.

(As we crossed the border.)

I want to go to Rochester.

I don't know, maybe this is one of those you had to be there kind of things, but Ken and I were laughing lots, between feeling slightly disturbed.

No comments: