When we arrived we went to the petting farm area first.
Next it was on to the hay. As a child going to Chudleigh's, there was a barn with a hayloft. Now there is this huge area with hay bales all around it and slides in the middle. There's also a sand pit on one side. The kids had tons of fun going up and down the slides, I think Jon had fun too!
Next up was a little picture taking and pony rides!
After the pony rides all that was left was the apples, picking them and eating them! I think at first it was only Michelle that wanted to pick apples. I can't believe that I didn't want to pick apples. I'm so glad that we listened to Michelle. Picking apples was the highlight of the day! We rode the wagon out to the orchard and then picked Silkens, Galas and McIntosh. I hadn't eaten an apple fresh off of a tree in far too long. Fresh apples off the tree are amazing. All the kids had fun running up and down the rows of trees and picking apples.
After enjoying apple blossoms and apple pie we left the farm to go see Mom and Dad. I was able to have another hug with A. Wendy before Mom took her to the airport. After the Jon Bacons arrived we went for a swim. Kate and Ken didn't come swimming but Alice the water baby and I played in the pool with the cousins for quite a while. After the swim we had Swiss Chalet (thanks Mom) and then after a wonderful, long day, we made it even longer!! Jon and Ken went to WEGZ to see the BYU game and Michelle and I went home to put the kids to bed and watch a movie. The fun never ends!
1 comment:
I want to go back to Chudleighs. How fun! I love that Kate and Alica are both wearing Anna hand-me-downs that I loved!
Post a Comment