Saturday, September 10, 2011

How not to have a panic attack while going up a very tall tower.

Our downtown adventure began in the distillery district.  It's definitely a cool place to walk around, but perhaps not the most interesting place to take little children.  We didn't go adventuring in any galleries and I'm not sure that Auntie Wendy really enjoyed it, but we had some yummy chocolate and walked around a - I think I'd call it a gadget store, Andrew bought Kate a toy plane which she carried for the rest of the day.  However, there was something important that happened at the distillery, Auntie Wendy decided that she was ready to face her fears and go up a really tall tower!

Wendy remembers coming to visit Toronto for the first time in 1976.  She told us about coming down to the CN tower but chickening out and not going up.  Andrew, Ken and I were very excited to help her conquer her fears and finally (thirty-five years later) go up the tower!  I like this cute shot of the Wendys in the back seat of the van, driving to the really tall tower.
I didn't realize that I was with a bunch of scaredy cats until we were waiting for the elevator to take us up. Two summers ago was the last time I went up the CN tower.  I went with Andrew, Kate, Suzanne and her kids.  We stayed up all of about 20 minutes because Andrew had a panic attack.  In line Andrew looked slightly off as did Ken and Wendy.  Thankfully everyone was quite distracted by Kate and Alice and I even got over my own fear of the glass floor.  My children make me brave.






  After the tower we inspected the trains and the round house.


And then we went for dinner where Alice enjoyed a pickle!  We had a lovely, lovely day!

No comments: