Visiting with family is fun but tiring. Trying to figure out what makes sense for the two and a half year old and the baby makes things more tiring. Today Suzanne arranged to meet a friend at a park downtown. The agreed upon time was between noon and one. Kate still does nap most days so I thought let's take a pass today; we'll have a quiet day at home and Kate will have her regular nap...
Shortly after Suzanne left with her kiddies Kate dumped all of the sidewalk chalk all over the front porch... I watched her doing it and thought, I don't want to stop her exploration of the world according to chalk and figured that she would pick it up and she's usually pretty good about picking up stuff she dumps. I spent about 20 minutes or so waiting for her to pick it up and telling her she had to pick it up. Not sure when I finally cracked but I hauled her inside, dumped her on the couch and yelled at her. (I then felt awful for a while for losing it.) The chalk is still all over the porch.
Next while I was changing a diaper, every book and toy was dumped on the floor in the front room. Later on while I was nursing and things seemed a little too quiet I found Kate decorating her hands and face with a marker. While nursing again she dumped salt all over the floor and table. Then she got blood from her knee on my shirt for the second day in a row. And between all of the "fun" I kept putting her in her bed so she'd have a nap... guess who never napped.
End of ridiculous story, a little Friday traffic wouldn't have been so bad!
1 comment:
I still wish you would have come. The farm would have been even more fun without you!
Post a Comment