Ken needed new shoes. Last week he left work in Alliston to drive to Newmarket to go to the Running Room, no luck - wide feet. They suggested the New Balance store in Barrie. For anyone that knows the geography of the area you'll realize how sad it is that Ken drove to Newmarket first... beside the point. So they had one pair of shoes and end of long story the next day at the gym Ken decided there was no way he could wear these shoes. Last night we went to Vaughan Mills and he got new shoes - yay. However he still had to return the other shoes to Barrie - they were only worn once inside the gym and the return policy allows for this. End of longer story, tonight we went to Barrie.
You may or may not remember this post. We returned the shoes and then made our way to the waterfront in downtown Barrie. As we were driving to the parking lot along the waterfront we did a double take, there are pony rides at the beach? Sure enough we parked, and walked over and there were pony rides. Turns out he was just set up a day early for a festival that was happening, but what fun for Kate!
I love the waterfront in Barrie. I have decided that I just love water and someday would like to live near water, not necessarily on water, but say a five minute drive or a fifteen minute walk... something like that. My dreams are real if not vague!
Oh and did I mention that Kate has started to try and sit on Alice?! The first time she did it I freaked out and hauled her off Alice before she even really sat down, which of course made her want to do it more... The thing is Alice thinks it's pretty funny. She doesn't cry and she usually smiles, that is for about two seconds, before I haul Kate away!
Kate sitting on Alice.
At the beach, throwing rocks.
I swear, Kate could throw rocks in the water for hours.
Kate on a pony!
Kate thought these swings were pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment