Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wendy has another birthday!

When I was in my teens I thought it was ridiculous that people (okay mostly women) were embarrassed about their age.  I thought it was silly to dye your hair and I couldn't understand why teachers wouldn't just admit how old they were.  FAST FORWARD... I can't explain exactly how I feel about aging but I'm not totally okay with it.  I'm not dying my hair, but I will when I feel it's needed.

So why the change?  I think I judge myself to harshly.  I started university late, I got married late, I had kids late... at least that's what I tell myself.  Why was it late?   Why don't I just know in my heart that it was at the right time for me?  Why do I hurt myself by comparing myself to others?  Being home with my two beauties is intense at times but there is no where I'd rather be right now.  BUT am I okay with turning 38... I suppose when it comes right down to it I have to be because I am 38!

I had some friends over during the day - no photographic evidence sadly.  Once Kate stopped having melt downs about sharing toys I enjoyed visiting.  Ken came home and made a lovely dinner, my Mom joined us.  It was quiet but lovely.  Happy Birthday to me.  I've now got less than two years to process 40...  eek, must start processing...


No comments: