I can remember getting up to watch the wedding of Charles and Diana, I would have been 8. I don't remember it very clearly, but I do remember. With Suzanne in town we talked about watching the wedding together. To do so meant the girls and I would stay over at Mom's in the newly renovated basement for a second time this week. I didn't set an alarm because Suzanne was going to get me up. Well wouldn't you know that Alice wanted to watch the royal wedding. She rarely wakes up and stays up in the night but this morning she woke up at 5 and wasn't interested in going back to sleep. Alice and I were therefore the first to arrive.
Suzanne got up eventually and joined the party.
Then feeling guilty she went and woke her boys who had asked to join.
Then Mom joined us.
And Anna. (Kate came too but I deleted the picture accidentally.)
After the wedding it was time for some food.
The kids ate while Suzanne packed and packed!
Thomas and Joey collected their toys.
Anna and Kate said see ya later.
The visits are always over way too quickly and then it's waiting until we can do it again. We miss you cousins (and sister) and wish we lived closer, but are thankful for the frequent visits and telephones, texts, facebook and blogs that make the world a smaller place.
No comments:
Post a Comment