Saturday, April 30, 2011

Alice Meets Grandpa

My faith in the health care system and doctors has been shaken.  After Alice was born I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital and I was in no hurry to go back.  When Dad was diagnosed with C. Difficile around the time Alice was born I was in no hurry to go visit.  I felt extremely nervous about taking my newborn back into the hospital and was cautioned by my doctor not to.

Almost ten weeks later with Dad still in the hospital and with lots of urging from my Mom I decided to take Alice and surprise both my Mom and Dad.  We planned a trip to the zoo with a stop at the hospital first.  On the way I thought it would be so great if my Dad was in his wheel chair and then we could have a visit outside as he is still in isolation and you have to wear gloves and a gown in his room.

The surprise visit worked out beautifully.  I got off the elevator and rounded  the corner and who was in his chair being pushed down the hall by Mom?  The proudest Grandpa ever!


We went outside and had a short but sweet and slightly tearful visit.  Someday I'll be posting about Dad getting out of the hospital... someday.

No comments: