Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Mom's Birthday

When I asked Mom if she wanted me and the girls to come visit her on the morning of her birthday she said she'd rather have us come for dinner.  I tried to suggest she should come up here but she didn't want to do that either.  I figured since it was her birthday she should get to choose.  I was concerned because Kate has been giving up her naps and Alice is often very fussy in the evening. 

Wednesday morning we went to Storytime at the library.  Alice was sleeping after lunch so I could actually get Kate to nap - yay!  Both the girls were excellent driving down to the KEG.  I LOVE that Andrew works and sometimes manages at the KEG.  Andrew had fun showing off Kate.  We had excellent food.  Kate was pretty good - when she needs to leave, she needs to leave.  And then Andrew had fun showing off Alice.

We went back to my Mom's and had the cheesecake (gluten free) that Ken made.  YUM!  Kate had fun play time and Alice could be nursed and cuddled.  We watched the video that Michelle put together for Dad.  (Kate loves this video/slide show - pictures of all her cousins)  We even made it all the way home with no one crying or fussing and I'm pretty sure Mom felt special on her birthday.  What an incredibly successful, fun day!


















Alice was dressed for the occasion - even if I forgot to get a picture of her with her Grandma.














Mom, Kate, Wendy.  We had an awesome booth at the KEG, thanks Andrew.















Mom, Kate, Andrew.  Doesn't Andrew look handsome and all managerial.

1 comment:

Bates Blogger said...

Mom had such a nice day. I'm glad you could help her make it special!