Here's the haircut:
Here's the story:
On Saturday (the 26th of March) I was thinking, it would be so nice to know someone who cuts hair in their home so I could get a haircut and Kate could too. I thought that Kate would be relaxed in someone's house - especially if she could watch tv. As for me I figured if the baby cried we could stop and then start again - not something you can do in a salon. The next day in church I was talking to Laura and she happened to mention she cuts hair and I asked if she cut hair at home and she said yes. She gave me her number and we set a date for Friday.
All week long I talked to Kate about getting a haircut. I would hold up her hair and say clip, clip, clip. I thought it was going well. So Friday morning we got out of the house without too much craziness and made our way up to Alliston to Laura's house. When we arrived Kate was so excited to explore. Laura had a fun basket of toys. Alice was still asleep. Laura and I chatted a little. Then Laura asked Kate if she could brush her hair. (Insert long pause, very long pause.)
Kate who seems to have inherited a flare for the dramatic - no idea where from, started to cry - sob, wail actually. She wailed for a while. And then Alice woke up. Kate finally calmed down and Alice had been nursed and was calm - but not asleep. I asked Laura if she would cut my hair while I held Alice. She said sure.
I think she got about half way through the haircut before Kate lost it again. Laura had been cutting my hair in the front room. Kate was watching tv in the back of the house. We moved to the kitchen - I stood while Laura stood behind me. I was still holding Alice and Kate watched tv and cried on and off and Laura cut my hair.
We were almost finished and it was just before noon and it seemed that there was no way we would be able to finish without help so I called Ken. His office is around the corner so being the sweetheart that he is he came over on his lunch hour to watch the two girls while Laura finished my hair. Ken went back to work - without lunch and I nursed Alice again and got her settled so we could leave and I felt awful.
If I'd known Laura for years it probably would have still been a traumatic experience. Laura was amazing through the whole thing. I kept apologizing, I feel awful about it. This isn't what you do to someone that you hope will become your friend...
We survived though and I even went and I had my picture taken for my driver's license renewal. I'm not sure when I'll get my hair cut next and who knows when I'll raise the subject with Kate again. She can just have cute slightly messy hair, for a while!
1 comment:
I like your haircut!
Post a Comment