With which to start - happy or sad? I will start with sad. Dad's breathing tube came out on the 22nd - YAY! He was doing well. He passed his swallow test on the Thursday and by Friday - Christmas Eve they were feeding him thickened apple juice by mouth and they moved him to the 4th floor - the rehab floor. Mom and Nancy - Dad's cousin were there getting Dad settled. They gave Mom some thickened apple juice to feed to Dad. As he was eating the thickened apple juice he stopped breathing - Code Blue #2. After resuscitating him they moved him back to ICU and of course he was re-intubated. Obviously this will not be a happy Christmas Eve to remember - especially not for poor Mom!
Needless to say Mom was fragile on Christmas. She spent part of the day in the ICU with Dad. We went to her place mid-afternoon and Ken finished making Christmas dinner. We had a nice quiet Christmas dinner. Poor Andrew couldn't even make it due to the fever and cough that kept him in bed.
Thankfully Christmas morning we had fun. It was so much fun watching Kate open her presents. We didn't really introduce Santa this year - he's still just the guy to have your picture with in the mall. We weren't even going to do a stocking for Kate, but we did - yay dollar store! It was quiet - just our little family but it was so nice.
Our beautiful tree with all of the presents and Kate's stocking. I think this was technically Christmas morning but I'll call it Christmas Eve because it's dark!
Kate inspecting the Nativity Set - totally disinterested in the presents.
After some convincing she started opening the Christmas presents.
Checking out the stocking.
Carrying the stocking to me so we could open it.
Hugging the Christmas tree, something Kate would do frequently.
After breakfast we took her downstairs for her present from Mom and Dad. A train table!!
She was so excited. It was so fun! YAY!
The gluten free cheesecake Ken made for Mom.
Our Fisher-Price nativity set. I love it and so does Kate!
It looks we're starving Kate. This is at Mom's house and sadly I only have the one picture of our Christmas dinner - LAME! I vow to do better next year. I better for baby 2s sake!
No comments:
Post a Comment