Having an almost two year old and trying to take pictures is a challenge. Especially because Kate thinks that the camera is her toy and so the minute she sees it she wants to play with it. I am very disappointed that I didn't get a photo of Sarah and her Dad in their whites, I just need to remember to steal one off of Lisa's postings. After the baptism we went back to Lisa and Ken's house for dinner and visiting - oh and for yummy birthday cake that Lisa made.
This is Rachael and Kate. Rachael is baby number four for Lisa and Ken and grandchild number thirteen for Ken and Chris.
Rachael Elizabeth Peck sure is a litle cutie!!
After not really liking any of the family photos we took last week we thought perhaps having a photographer would help us capture a smiling Kate. Sadly photographer/tripod didn't matter - Kate wouldn't smile!
Saturday night the three of us stayed in a hotel in Burlington with a pool. However, we didn't get to use the pool. Happily we enjoyed the evening chatting with family but by the time we left and subsequently got to the hotel it was just too late to go swimming.
On Sunday we went to church in Burlington with Laura, William, Joaquin, Ken, Chris, Meagan, and Braden. It was Christmas Sunday and they had two speakers who spoke in Sacrament and then they did something I'd never seen before but I thought was so great. The Sunday School did the Christmas program during Sunday School. It was so lovely!
After the Christmas program Ken, Kate and I went back to Laura's apartment with William and Joaquin. Kate was put down to sleep and we enjoyed some visiting and food preparation. Sadly we had to wake Kate up early as we didn't want to miss anything at Maureen's... this proved to be a bad choice.
The Christmas feast was delicious as per usual. We all fit and we had enough chairs. After the feasting it was time to open presents. I can't remember exactly when Kate lost it but it was during the present opening. Poor little muffin was robbed of her good naps two days in a row.
Here's the tree with all of the presents - before the chaos!
Joaquin and Laura. You'd think that the smile on Joaquin's face was because of Laura, but it wasn't, he had just discovered a new love - Grape Fanta.
Kate wanted so badly to go play outside with the dog and the kids and the snow. Sadly we didn't bring her boots or snow suit.
This is the last picture that I took. Kate is the blur. This was taken between dinner and present opening. Kate's downward spiral got worse and worse until we just decided to leave. I'm so glad that we'd enjoyed so much visiting time the night before.
I think the next time we'll all be together again will be for baby 2s blessing, or perhaps Konrad's baptism... or maybe neither. Getting everyone together is difficult! I feel so blessed to have two such wonderful families!
No comments:
Post a Comment