Monday, January 26, 2026

Another Snow Day... and it was Milo's Birthday!

It's Monday morning and it's snowy and beautiful. The snow day was declared last night. Every single school board in the GTA declared a snow day - not just busses canceled but schools are closed. The whole north east was slammed by this winter storm. Some areas got 60 cm of snow. I'm not sure exactly how much fell in Ajax, but not quite that much.

Ken and I went on a Pooh Stick's Bridge walk this morning. One of my favourite things about snow storms will always be saying hi to neighbours. I love how the snow brings us together!




Yesterday - Sunday, Milo turned 5. We sure love our pup SO much!

The walk this morning was sunny and bright. Walking yesterday - it was cold and windy and blowy. Breathing at times was difficult because the snow would go right down my throat.

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner - Elder Christiansen and Elder Oishi. It was also Elder Oishi's birthday. We played happy birthday to him on all the instruments we had (well except clarinet). I played on recorder, flute, ukulele, and the piano. And Kate played Happy Birthday on the otamatone, it was fun and silly and awesome. Elder Oishi bore such a sweet testimony of Jesus Christ. 
Here they are from January 18th. (Elder Christiansen is from Taylorsville, Utah and Elder Oishi is from Japan)
I feel like today is a gift, but it's already 10:23 am. (I need to get to work - this new report card program is kicking my butt!) I was reading my scriptures and just wanted to remember this moment in time. This gift of time. The beautiful but cold snow. But being so grateful for where I live and the infrastructure that makes snow clearing - the roads and main sidewalks, a thing I never have to worry about. I'm thankful for our warm house and Fiona sitting beside me telling me stories, Ken working upstairs, the dog snoring peacefully on the couch, Alice and Kate playing minecraft. I'm thankful for peaceful snow days and a home filled with love.




No comments: