Someone didn't get to wake up to a decorated birthday table because someone wouldn't go to bed, and someone else was too tired to outlast the 16 year old. So a certain birthday girl someone had to settle for an after school birthday table. Thankfully Fiona, Alice and I got home before Kate and we were able to decorate and organize. I love my girls and how we pull together and support each other.
I'm grateful that I'm a Mama to three amazing young women, but of course this post is about Kate, the first one. I think the thing that most inspires me about Kate these days is her humility. She's like her Grandpa Bacon in that regard. He was always asking how he could be better, do better. Kate wants to be the best version of herself that she can be. She isn't kind enough to herself in this growing process called life, but she is unrelenting in her pursuit of excellence in her school work, and her desire to be a better person.
Happy 17th Birthday my doodle poodle. You are loved.











No comments:
Post a Comment