Thursday, December 17, 2020

The Book of Mormon

This year we studied the Book of Mormon in the Come Follow Me manual at church and at home. The grown-ups and the primary children's lessons were all based on the teachings and readings from the Book of Mormon. We decided that we wanted to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover as a family this year. If we followed the readings as outlined in the manual we would finish this year. 

Tonight we read the last 19 verses in Moroni chapter 10. We all took a turn and read a few verses. I'm so grateful for this experience. There were many times that the readings were long and difficult to understand. There were many times the children complained bitterly. But tonight as we finished reading, the girls all felt proud of our accomplishment. We set a goal and we reached it. It felt really good.

I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon, and I hope as the girls grow older they will continue to read it, and learn about their Savior Jesus Christ, and that they will ultimately want to be more like Him.

No comments: