Monday, January 08, 2018

Kate's Birthday

Nine. I'm not sure when I'll have the "oh my goodness I have a ... year old" moment. Maybe I never will. Maybe because my sister has an almost 18 year old, and my best friend has a twenty year old, maybe because of that having a nine year old doesn't seem quite so monumental. And each year, each day I grow along with her and the journey has been full and rich and most definitely nine years long!

We celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday. We were going to go swimming but it was so cold and Ken and I wimped out and convinced the girls to wimp out too! Mom was awesome and made cupcakes from scratch with buttercream icing - Kate's favourite. She ordered Swiss Chalet too, as per Kate's request. Dad wasn't feeling well in the morning, but perked up and was doing great when we were there.
There were other pics too...





Sunday Kate was the centre of attention in primary. She had the birthday song sung to her, she got to pick her favourite song, and she was picked for a few other things too. She was very happy.

Today, her actual birthday... I left her a card in front of my computer which she let me know was the perfect place to leave it for her. She had a great day at school. She took cheddar sun chips to share. She got a card from her teacher and from her aftercare teachers. She had her favourite dinner - pork chops and cheesy potatoes. I made cupcakes last night and Ken iced them after dinner. And now Ken and Kate are out at Best Buy buying a google home mini so she can play music in her room. She's so excited. It's pretty cute.


Kate. My girl. I think I'm too tired* to actually say anything profound but, I love my girl and I'm so glad that I get to be your Mom.

*(It was the first day back after two weeks off today... I couldn't sleep last night, and it took me two and a half stinking hours to get to school this morning!)



No comments: