Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

I wasn't planning to wrap presents until the wee hours of the morning on Christmas Eve, but then I didn't make a different plan... I was woken up by a feverish barfing Fiona not long before I was done. Thankfully it seemed like a one off and she settled quickly and I was able to finish up.

But the poor thing was not well the next day. I wasn't sure what to do. We only had an hour of church, so I decided to give Fiona some advil and off we went, but not before the girls opened their stockings and one or two of their presents.








Church was so very special. It was only an hour long and we sang almost the whole time. It was a lovely service and I was so glad that we all went. Fiona sat in my arms almost the whole time, but she seemed okay. When we got home I took a Christmas dress picture - or at least I tried to. Fiona is not into having her picture taken at the moment which is very frustrating!
Thankfully I was able to take lots of pictures of presents being opened and Fiona wasn't upset about that.



The girls loved their presents. Alice's biggest excitement was for her makeup. She LOVES makeup and was so excited about it. The rest of the day was spent applying more and more and more makeup to everyone who would let her!


Kate's favourite was maybe the Playmobil? I'm not sure. Anyway she spent hours putting it all together and asked for minimal help. I was really proud of her. We took lots of pictures of the Playmobil, but I didn't get one with her cute face.
Ken cooked up a storm all afternoon and eventually Andrew, Rayna, Mom and Dad all came. The girls had a few more presents to open - more make up, some jewellery, cases to keep it all in, and a tablet from Mom and Dad. (Mom and Dad gave us money and I kind of forgot about getting them something to give the girls, so we made the tablet from them - it worked out I think!)




Fiona was fading pretty good, so we gave her some more advil and had Christmas dinner.








We had a really lovely Christmas. Everyone was really happy all day. Poor little Fiona's fever spiked just before bed, but even she was able to get through most of the day with the help of medicine. We really had such a lovely Christmas. I love Christmas!



No comments: