Tuesday, January 13, 2015

French Immersion

Kate.  I can't remember when I first started seriously considering putting Kate in French Immersion.  It might have been this past summer? I know I started thinking about it in the fall.  Kate started off in an SK/1 split, and when I was talking to her teacher about reorganization, she suggested I ask to move Kate up to grade 1.  I told her I was most likely going to put her in French Immersion and she earnestly supported the idea.

Tonight was the information meeting.  Kate and I drove up to Alliston Union Public School.  It is so cold tonight, but the school, the atmosphere, the principal and teachers, it was all warm.  I felt good in the meeting.  I felt good in the building.  I feel good when I think about Kate being in the program.  I feel nervous about her having to ride a bus up to Alliston, about how much longer her day will be, but I'm not sure if that is reason enough to not put her in.  I don't know how it will all work out with me going back to work either...

Every time I've thought about the Immersion program prayerfully I feel very much that it is right.  We will then see how it all works itself out then won't we?!  Oh and on a fun note, they were having a French Language book fair at the school.  We picked up a book - Bonjour Canada.  Now to practice and learn to read it properly!

No comments: