Friday, September 20, 2013

Kate goes to school.

Let's see.  What to say about school?

This is the picture that Kate painted on her first day of school.  When I asked her what it was supposed to be she said that it was what artists do.
She seems to like it.  She has yet to go for a full week.  During the first full week of school I kept her on the Wednesday because we were going to meet friends at the indoor play place in Alliston and Kate wanted to come.  This past week I kept her home on Wednesday because her friend Ava - who is in all day/every other day, was coming to visit with her Mom.  Perhaps next week she'll go all five days?

Eating lunch at school, trying to pack her a lunch... I wonder how long it will be before she's bored of eating the things I put in it... but she only eats a few different things?!

I feel in someways that I'm kind of over it.  I miss her.  And I'm home and I want her home with me.  We drove past the school today during lunch recess and I saw her on the yard.  She looked so little.

She brought home her first library book tonight.  I was so excited that it was a non-fiction text.  I also love that it's about sharks.  The title is "What Do Sharks Eat For Dinner?".

It really has been an easy transition for her so far.  She likes her class and her teachers.  And she comes home chattering about all the things she's learning.  Really, so far so good.  So why can't I just be happy?  I need to shake the sad out of me.  I just miss my little girl!

No comments: