I'm not a hiker. I think I have dreams that one day I will be some sort of hiker. One of our neighbours is always going on walks with her dogs in the woods. I mentioned to Ken the other day that I wanted to go on a hike/walk and so it was decided that today would be the day!
Our first mistake was not leaving the house early enough. Our second mistake was going all the way over to Airport Road instead of Hwy 50, because we forgot where Palgrave was. Our biggest mistake however was trying to take Kate on a walk when there was "business" to be taken care of.
The plan was to take a trail but to go in the forest a little. (Oh, here's another mistake... it was a little cool and I didn't have proper attire for the baby - not sufficient to take her out of her car seat anyway.) We had the stroller so we weren't sure how far we were going to get exactly and it was almost lunch and we had neglected to bring any snacks. (Oh, yet another mistake... no snacks!)
We parked the car at the Rotary Park in Palgrave. There's a cute little pavilion.
The girls danced around the pavilion, re-enacting the first time we took Kate there. It was really cute. Then we set out on the path.
It was really muddy by the water but we went to look anyway.
And then Kate started doing a different dance and was doing an awkward, panicked walk back to the car.
And thus ended our first attempt at a family hike. We will try again. I'm not sure when as our weekends the next little while are a little full, but we will try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment