Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pre-school Duty Mom

Kate attends the Tottenham Co-Op Preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  She loves it!  She has had a great year.  It being a co-op means lots of parent involvement.  I was the duty Mom in October, Ken the duty Dad... can't remember now, and today I was the duty Mom again!  There are a number of jobs to do - cleaning, helping, snack preparation.  I didn't realize that I would be so tired - go figure being pregnant and all, I was worn out!  Kate was very much looking forward to my being the Duty Mom and she enjoyed the perks of the day - being the line leader, carrying the bag, turning off the lights, choosing the snack, counting everyone in the bathroom.  We had a fun morning! 

Today was pet day and the kids were asked to bring a picture of their pet and a rock.  They made pet rocks during craft time and Kate choose to bring in a photo of Owl to share. 

I'm excited to get her pictures back - they were just taken recently - her class picture too!  She has loved her first school experience and is anxiously awaiting the fall when she starts junior kindergarten.

No comments: