Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mt. Sinai Visit #2

Where to start... first the bothersome stuff.  Having an appointment at 10:30 and not leaving the hospital until almost 2:00 is poopy.  The baby being REALLY active when the MCA scan is being done making the numbers totally inconsistent is slightly irritating. 

Exciting stuff... I passed my glucose test - YAY!!!!  And the most exciting news of all, my titer level according to the lab at Mt. Sinai was 1:16.  The other labs that I had blood work done came back with levels of 1:128.  1 and 16 is when they start monitoring, but it is the absolute bottom of the scale of when they are concerned.  If it has gone down that much, will it continue to go down?  I don't know, but before I was given a blessing when all of this began I felt impressed to prayer for my anti-body levels to go back to normal.  I couldn't help but feel that this was the answer to that prayer.

I go back to Mt. Sinai next week on Thursday where they will again do scans and blood work.  Dr. Seaward, whom I saw today and Monday, said that if the titer levels are still that low they will just leave everything with my OB in Newmarket and I won't have to go back to Mt. Sinai again.

Today was a good day. 

1 comment:

Terri-Ann said...

So glad to hear some good news. Aren't you so grateful for the resources available to us to monitor our health and progress? My family doctor used to work in high risk OB at Mt Sinai and it was so reassuring to be under her care during my pregnancy. Little baby McCartney will be here before you know it!