Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Doctors and medical appointments

Let's see, catch up for baby 3 fun...

At my Feb 27th doctor's appointment there were still no signs of fetal anemia in the ultrasound, but my placenta was considered low lying.  I was to take it easy, stop lifting stuff and hopefully it wouldn't be a problem.  That made me sad.  Alice loves to be carried around.  I told Alice that the doctor said I wasn't to pick her up anymore and unless she's having a meltdown she looks at me and says "doctor say no up up Lala".  She's been pretty good about it!

At my Mar 13th doctor's appointment most of the results were in and the ones that were said the ultrasound looked good and my placenta has actually moved up - yay.  That being said, I'm still going to try not to pick up Alice, it's just good practise for after the baby when I really can't pick her up.  Back to results.  Not everything was in so the doctor said he'd phone later, which he did.  He phoned to say that everything did look good but my anti-D levels were still high and he was going to refer me to a specialist that might take over my care.

The next afternoon I got a message from the doctor's office saying that I had an appointment down at Mt. Sinai on Monday, March 25th at 8 a.m.  I still had to go for my next ultrasound, and do my next set of bloodwork (which will all most likely be repeated at Mt. Sinai not even a week later...) and they weren't sure if my care is being taken over completely so we'll have to wait and see.

So, I might be having a baby downtown... maybe, but who knows?  We'll see what happens on the 25th!

Next, last but not least, I had my third ultrasound today (5th in total, 3rd as related to looking for anemia) and I just LOVE IT when the techs tell you stuff, even though they're not supposed to.  She (the tech) said that everything looked great and my placenta is still up.  Oh and two funny things.  First - sort of funny, the tech was the third person in two days to tell me I look huge - awesome!  Second, the baby wasn't enjoying the scan, it kept kicking punching the wand when the lab tech was trying to do the brain scans.  It amused me.  Oh and the baby is still breech. 

I am so thankful for the sweet assurance from the spirit that everything is going to be fine.  I don't know exactly "how" it will be fine, but it will all be fine.  I'm thankful for our medical system, for all of its flaws it still does work, and all of this amazing care I'm getting is paid through my taxes.  

Oh and happy first day of spring.  I'll be happy when it actually feels like spring!




No comments: