To celebrate my being 13 months old we played outside lots, which I love. Kate and I played in the sand and water, in the little house, with the chalk and the bubbles. It was great. I must say though, that the best thing about today was that my Mom finally let me colour! I've been asking for markers, crayons, and pens for ages, but I guess my Mom just thought I wanted to eat them (which is partially true).
Today she got out a colouring page - it was left over from my sister, she did the marker, but I got to colour on it with crayon. It was as amazing an experience as I thought it would be. To see the pretty lavender colour make stripes on the page, to know that I made those stripes, it was intensely satisfying. I got to sit in my sister's booster chair while we coloured. We coloured for a while, hopefully we'll do it again soon. (The colouring ended when I forgot myself and started to try and eat the crayons. I'll have to remember not to do that next time...)
Here's my colouring page. Remember that my sister did the brown marker and I did the rest, well most of it, my Mom helped a little. Don't judge me too harshly, it is only my first attempt. I chose the colour myself. I think pale purple is a lovely hue that evokes the feeling of Easter.

2 comments:
Love it!!!
Kisses to Alice!
Post a Comment