Saturday, March 03, 2012

Alice's First Birthday Party!

As much as is possible, I want to do for number two that which was done for number one.  I still take LOTS of pictures and because we don't have a whole lot of traditions, I figure I might be able to keep up with myself.  Since we had a first birthday party for Kate, we had to have one for Alice!  
 
Here's the birthday girl with her party hat and cute birthday girl shirt.

Alice and I posed with the balloon bouquet.  I just LOVE balloon bouquets!


Here are the 2011 babies, Lucienne, Alice and Lauren.  (Amélie was home sick - boo.)
Here are all the party friends, minus Marisol who didn't want to be in the picture. (I was a camera shy kid myself.)
The kids played, the adults chatted and everyone snacked.  Good times!  And of course, the party wouldn't be complete without Kate jumping on the bed with friends.

We had lunch, and with Alice rapidly deteriorating, we expedited the cupcake and the singing of Happy Birthday.



After she finished her cupcake (as in ate some of the icing and threw the cupcake on the floor) I took her upstairs, changed her and put her to bed.
After she woke up, she played with her presents.  She was very excited to play with her new ball.  It's so cute when she says ball ("bah").
One last picture of Kate with the birthday balloons!  We had a fun day.  (After Alice's nap, we went down to Thornhill and picked up a big girl car seat and visited with Grandpa.  What a fun day for Alice, and the rest of us too.)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What a fun party! I wish we were there to make it much crazier.