Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Definition of Insanity

I don't remember where or when I heard it, or who said it, but the definition of insanity was phrased this way: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

The past (almost) two weeks have been long and quiet.  I got sick last week, then Kate got sick.  We've been home lots and we haven't always been in the best spirits.  I'm feeling almost completely better, just a little bit of a cough left, and Kate, while much improved, is still sleeping more than usual and her cough sounds yucky.  There really hasn't been much to blog about.  There still isn't much to blog about.  In fact I might just be inventing something to blog about.

This is the BEFORE, right before I decided what the heck, I'm feeling a little crazy...


This is AFTER I picked up all the toys.  
Put all the books back on the shelf.
Then I even did all the dishes.
While I was doing the dishes, Alice decided that it was far too neat and tidy for her liking...
... and she helped several of the toys and books back to their rightful places on the floor.

Back to the definition, I think I would go insane if I wanted my house to be tidy all the time!  (However, I do on occasion, look forward to the day that all of the toys are either in a bedroom, or the basement.)  This also reminds me of a saying that one of my friend's mother-in-law told her: You can have nice things, or you can have kids.

I love my messy, slightly crazy children.  Alice is such a delightful little beast of destruction!

(Oh and I meant to add this yesterday, Albert Einstein said the bit about insanity.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Like xo

Suzanne said...

I'm so impressed you did the dishes! Go Wendy go!