Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On Cloud Nine



Pity all newlyweds.  She cooks something nice for him, and he brings her flowers, and they kiss and think:  How easy marriage is.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

We haven't had many bumps/hiccups/issues therefore when I think of our marriage I often think of it as easy.  Not entirely easy, but pretty nearly.  Now, two kids later... eek!  It isn't so much that it's hard now, it's just very full of children.  Sometimes I miss Ken very much.  I'm excited to report that we're going on a date on Friday night.  Our fifth date in three years.  I think this is something that we need to do regularly from now on.    

I love my sweet Ken more than ever.  He is the perfect man for me.  I love the father he is to our daughters.  I love the best friend that he is to me.   Happy Ninth Anniversary my love!

No comments: