Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

The stockings were hung by the chimney... wait.  At some point Kate will figure out that we don't have a chimney, that or we'll just abandon the whole concept of Santa.  The more I think about it the more undecided I feel.  I'll put off figuring that out for another year!

Kate didn't wake up early, in fact I was concerned that she was up a little late.  She looked at the empty plate.  Ken (the cutie) left crumbs on the plate to show that the cookies and carrots had been eaten.
Speaking of waking up... we brought Alice down still asleep.
Kate loved the contents of her stocking.  I had fun collecting the contents at the dollar store.  I think I bought too much this year.  (Last year I thought it was too little - perhaps I'll get it right next year!)
Kate opened her presents,
and she helped Alice open hers as well.
Ken had a present - some new shirts.
Kate finally has her own tea set - yay!
After we opened a few presents we had french toast for breakfast and dashed off to church.  The Christmas program had a nice mix of choir numbers, solos, and speaking parts.  I played the piano for a few of the numbers.  Merry Christmas to Ken who had both girls to manage!

After church we drove home to pick up a few things and then went to Grandma and Grandpa's.  Mom and Dad were both a little emotional thinking about last year, thankfully the mood was quickly lightened by opening presents.  We saved a few presents for the girls to open in front of their Grandparents.  We also brought presents for Mom and Dad.  A calendar for Mom, framed pictures for both of them AND a t-shirt for Dad.  When I saw it I knew I had to get it!
Uncle Andrew arrived in the early afternoon with more presents.  Kate LOVES her Dora backpack and microphone.
Mom and her friend Bridget did all the "grunt" work - as they called it!

Andrew bought this funny ball popper for Alice.  Alice is working on ball for her first word and very much enjoyed her present.
My cuties in their Christmas dresses.
I can't remember when we lost Kate, but she was out.  She slept for at least 3 hours on the couch and then stayed up late, too late!
The apartment was very warm and Alice was a new woman once she was stripped down to her diaper.
Mom and her friend Bridget.
Mom and Me.
Christmas is really such a magical time.  I am thankful for the special celebrations that surround the birth of our Savior.  We really had a lovely Christmas this year.  

No comments: