I'm the secretary in the Primary (children's organization) at church. I have a number of different responsibilities - I so enjoy the little bit of paper work that I do! One of the things I've taken on are teacher thank yous. There are ten classes including nursery as well as the song leader, pianist and the presidency. Everyone gives willingly of their time and talents to teach the children in our ward family. We have a big primary. On a typical Sunday there are (including nursery) around 60 kids that come. I wanted to do something special and meaningful and something that the teacher's could keep as a reminder of their time in primary.
Part one was a card. I took a picture of every class and printed them on the front of a Christmas card and had the kids sign the inside. Part two was my sister's suggestion based on a Primary thank you that she had received.
The inspiration for the ornament is taken from this song from the primary songbook: Once There Was a Snowman. It's an action song that everyone loves and the words are as follows.
Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman,
Once there was a snowman, tall, tall, tall.
In the sun he melted, melted, melted.
In the sun he melted, small, small, small.
I think the ornaments looked really cute. Ken helped with some design ideas and Kate helped me put them together.
I hope everyone likes them!
1 comment:
Fun! They turned out so well!
Post a Comment