Saturday, December 10, 2011

Church Christmas Party

Sometimes I think I do 'sad and sorry for myself' too well.  The Christmas party at church was this evening.  It started at 4 and we needed the girls to nap which meant we were late.  We got there about 4:30 and there was no where to sit and besides turkey there wasn't much dinner left to eat.  Ken put together some plates and we sat on the couch in the foyer and I felt dumb... really dumb.  It's amazing the spiral that you can descend once you start and I think I was almost going to cry.

Our bishop happened to be walking by at about this moment and did a double take.  He went to a classroom and brought out a table and made a fuss about our special intimate dinner setting.  This small act of kindness made me feel so much better and so thankful for a bishop that cares about his ward family and for the simple Christlike service he offered us.

The kiddie activity, the talent night and the desserts all more than made up for the rough start.  I am thankful for our ward family.

I tried to get a picture of the girls in front of the tree...
One of the youth played a guitar solo, it was awesome.  It would be even more awesome if I could remember his first name...
Our bishop, a.k.a. Michael Buble singing and dancing with the YW.
And of course Santa came to the party.  Kate wasn't interested in seeing him at all.  I wonder if that will change?

No comments: