Monday, September 19, 2011

Zoo Time - with cousins, and uncles and an aunt oh my!

The forecast called for rain, but forecasts don't always come true... at least we hoped that it wouldn't come true.  In preparation for the fore-casted rain I made sure to leave all three umbrellas in the van in the zoo parking lot.  I also made sure not to bring Alice's rain coat.  Jon and Michelle were awesome and volunteered to take turns wearing Alice, so Alice didn't even have potential access to a stroller to cover her; I planned well. 

We met Andrew soon after arriving and we all took turns pushing strollers, herding children, and enjoying the animals too!
















It began to drizzle while we were in the African pavilion.  We went to lunch after that and it really came down while we were eating.  We went back out to tour the African Savannah and the drizzle continued.  Just after the last photo of the boys was taken it started to get heavier.  I took the baby and hurried to the van with Jon close on my heels.  Andrew and Michelle made a trip to the gift shop where Uncle Andrew bought a toy for all the kiddies.  Sadly, I didn't take pictures of their fun loot.  Kate just adores her owl.  We had a really fun time, and only got a little wet!

1 comment:

Bates Blogger said...

I love all the photos. What cute kids they are!