Below are a collection of random October moments. Some are typical every day things, and a few are special occasions.
I'm not sure why, but it seems that all children enjoy playing with their car seats. Ken thinks it's Kate's way of saying bully to one of her objects of confinement.
Kate is slowly but surely trying to figure out the stairs. She has finally figured out how to pull herself up onto a step, but hasn't quite figured out how to get to the next one. I keep waiting for the day we'll have to buy gates.
On Thanksgiving Day we went for a drive - a lovely drive. The current family history quest is a side step - trying to find Aunt Addie - my Dad's godmother that had no children of her own. We drove out to a cemetery in Harriston, Ontario to look for what could have possibly been her grave - but it wasn't.
On the way home we took the northern route and drove through several pretty towns and past the Shelburne wind farms. I could not adequately capture the wind turbines. They are huge and every where!
After visiting the cemetery in Harriston it got me thinking about other graves, graves of my family in the city. I was searching on a Jewish site and found Al and Florence Solman's graves, and Eva - the first wife of Uncle Stanley, mother of Maribeth and Lenny. I decided that Kate and I would go and find the graves.
Al and Florence's grave is in a beautiful cemetery in North York - very well maintained, very peaceful. The grass was thick and lush and Kate enjoyed it very much. Eva's grave was in another cemetery in North York and I think Maribeth captured the feeling very well when she called it "a rather spooky and spiritual graveyard". I felt a connection to Eva that I can't describe, considering she's a person that I've never met and she isn't a blood relative.
...or the heavier snowsuit.
Of course one thing that Kate does absolutley every day is nap! I'm trying to introduce a "lovey". I tried the pig and she seemed to like it very much - she's a girl after my own heart!
And every Sunday we go to church. Thanks to many hand-me-downs from Suzanne, and other generous gifts Kate has a plethora of dresses.
And last but not least in the randomness - eating. Trying to find the balance between Kate figuring out how to feed herself, and MESS is an interesting journey. This particular day Ken and I decided to let Kate enjoy her food in every possible sensory way. She was in Shepherd's Pie heaven!












3 comments:
She's growing up!!! I love those big eyes!
I am just learning how to do the new family search website and I am not doing very well!
Wendy,
You are sooooo beautiful! Your baby is cute too, but every time I see a picture of you I am struck by how classically beautiful you are. Gorgeous!
xo
h
Loved the pics and the story line too. Have you thought of writing cildren's story books. Love you and Kate is really cute. don't let her grow up too quickly.
Post a Comment