These pictures were taken outside of the library. The leaves were in abundance and the red and yellow and the blue sky, deep breath in and happy sigh - so beautiful!
This was the first of a few attempts at taking a picture of the girls in the brown chair. The little monkeys would never smile in the same shot. Either Kate was losing her mind, or Anna was! I was a little bummed about not getting a single cute shot on the brown chair. This is perhaps the best one, Anna is practically smiling and if you don't know Kate very well you might think that she's sort of smiling - even though she isn't.
Amidst all of the craziness that is Suzanne's life right now we did manage to have a few outings. We took Thomas, Anna and Kate to the Boston Children's museum which was fun. Kate will enjoy it more in a few years of course - or even next year. There was a small area in one of the rooms for crawlers only. I thought she'd explore more but she decided to have a shy moment.
After we walked around campus and enjoyed our yummy sandwiches we walked to a cupcake store in Harvard Square called Sweet. Oh my goodness the cupcakes were so good.
As previously mentioned we made a trip to the library. This is the one and only picture I have of Kate with her Auntie Suzanne. I must do better next time!
There was also trunk or treat - the Halloween activity at church. I was pleasently surprised by how into it everyone was - the kids, the youth, the adults - so many awesome costumes. Kate didn't like her Berry Fairy costume one little bit. I took a few photos and then called off the torture! She wore a bear suit, which didn't really look like a costume, oh well.
Mostly we just hung out. I tried to protect Kate from her cousins - and her cousins from her (she tried to bite Anna, several times!).
Sometimes I protected her better than other times...
She definitely developed a love for her Uncle Matthew this trip.
We played outside in Suzanne's awesome backyard.
We went for a few walks.
And before you knew it, it was time to come home again. Every time we visit both Suzanne and I lament "we wish we lived closer". I do wish we lived closer. But I do feel blessed that we see each other as often as we do - especially this year!
A word about my little flyer...
We had fun playing with the airport toys. And yes Suzanne - in her Harvard outfit everyone thought she was a boy. I was able to bring the car seat on the plane with me on both the trip to NH and the trip home - YAY! Kate is such a good little flyer. She nursed to sleep and slept pretty much the whole flight there and the return flight as well. It helps that the flight is only about 90 minutes!
So Bates family, we love you and we miss you. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be spending Christmas with you!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment