After the school year is over tiredness is real! But I'm so so so glad my sister and her kiddos, well two of them, are here!
Mom wanted to go to Rotary, but I suggested a different park near-ish the lake that wouldn't be as crazy. So we packed a picnic and off we went to the Carruthers Marsh Splash Pad!
Fiona and Ben are supposed to be pointing to Canada because you know, it's Canada Day. (And Matthew's birthday too!)
The food was put out at a picnic table and we set up chairs around the picnic table. Then there was playing, eating, hanging out, chatting and picture taking. (And we spied a fairy door!)
It never ceases to amaze me where kids can fall asleep.
Kate went on a nice walk with me and Milo. There a house at the corner of Poplar and Beachview that has the cutest painted rocks in the watercourse (ditch) around their property. We spotted a cute new Canada Rocks rock today!
Suzanne thought it would be fun to take the girls to see a movie - "The Rise of Gru", but not take Ben. He doesn't sit for movies yet, so I agreed to keep him home, well, look after him! Ben and I had a basketball adventure. He shot a basket at the bottom of our neighbour's driveway and then we kept walking up to Carruther's Creek P.S. to where there are a bunch of basketball hoops. Ben is only just five - exactly five years and one month and the kid can sink a basket. His athletic ability is pretty intense!
Coming out of the movie tonight Anna twisted her ankle in the parking lot. She was in a lot of pain and it had started to swell a bit. She was put on the couch and her foot was propped up. Ken gave her a really beautiful blessing that her ankle would be okay and that her trip wouldn't be affected. I felt really grateful when I heard Ken's words. Even though Anna really wanted to watch fireworks, all of us grownups felt it better that she rest with her foot up.
Ken and I took our girls, and Ben and drove over to the Gordon's Food services parking lot. It was the perfect little hill to watch the town's fireworks from! It was so perfect! Ben was pretty silly and performed for the girls. I think he only saw about half of the fireworks because he was shaking his booty at the other half!
























No comments:
Post a Comment