Saturday, July 02, 2022

Bates Day 4!

Today was CN Tower and Blue Jays Day! Goodness gracious! My kids have wanted to go up the CN Tower for years. Fiona had never been, and Alice had only been as a baby and Kate was 2.5 so she has no memory of it.

We split up into two groups to travel. Ken, Suzanne, Ben, Alice, Fiona and Ben took the GO Train and I drove down in the Pilot with Anna and Kate. Anna's ankle was still a little sore so we got a bandage and I dropped the girls off right in front of the Roger's Centre (which I think I will always want to call the Skydome!)

After Ken and I parked the Pilot and we found everyone again, we paid more than is reasonable to ride in an elevator, and then we waited in line - thankfully not for too long. AND then the fun began?! We got off the elevator and Fiona lost her mind. She freaked out, the height completely freaked her out. Everyone else was excited and totally into it except Fiona. She did eventually calm down, but we discovered the CN Tower sure wasn't her thing lol. I still love it, and even though it is ridiculously expensive, I'll go again, just not this year!



















Next it was over to the game! It was a HOT sunny day. We were sitting on the upper deck (2nd row) in the full sun with the dome open. It was intense. We all took breaks and had walks inside - buying hats, shirts and snacks! It was fun being back at a ball game, but I felt like a negligent parent. Alice and Fiona didn't know the first thing about baseball. It was unfortunate! I think everyone enjoyed the game, even though the Jays lost. We stayed until the end and I felt good about that lol.











At the end of the game Kate and Alice went on the Go Train with Ken, and I took Suzanne, Anna, Ben and Fiona home with me. 

And then we took the dog on a walk of course.





No comments: