Sunday, May 3
Today the girls did primary and almost had a war. Kate's sisters embarrass her and make her crazy, and then she acts on that, and it isn't good. However, we got past it and had a lovely family church service.
It was a stunning day outside so we decided to venture out while the frozen lasagna was cooking. We drove around and found ourselves at Duffins Creek educational centre. We had such a fun time. It was so great. The place was virtually empty and we walked through the trees and on the paths and with was perfect and magical. We all felt amazing after our walk.
After dinner Ken and Fiona and Alice made dole whip. This is basically pineapple ice cream and it was yummy!
Monday, May 4th
May the FOURTH be with you! I love Star Wars Day. Our good friend Amelie is born on this day. We sent her happy birthday messages, and I posted my favourite cello wars/star wars Piano Guys video to my Google Music Classroom.
Here's the week at a glance of costume fun!
I found these super fun Star Wars masks for the girls to take their pictures for Star Wars day.
Kate spent the morning making necklaces. I suggested that she give one to Hannah, so we drove over to the Penney's to drop it off. Kate is so cute, and wanted to drive over in her costume, so we did. When we were driving up our street a kid waved at her. The funny thing is she knows the kid, but I can't imagine he recognized her. I assume he was just waving at Darth Vader!
Alice was feeling sad and anxious today, so I suggested we go on a bike ride just the two of us to the far away "small" Rock Concert. So we did. Alice was tired, and I pushed her. She didn't want to turn around, so we didn't.
After finally getting a picture of the small rock concert I told her I wanted to go see the water. We'd been there before, but not in a while, and I think Alice forgot about this place. She felt like she was in a magic world - the swans on the water were just perfect. Alice was so happy. We had such a fun little outing. One on one time with the girls, this is something we never did enough of. It's been important for them.
Tuesday, May 5th
Ken was a little glum this morning so the two of us went out for a walk. I just love that there is flexibility in my schedule to do things like this. I never really got to know my neighbourhood before, and getting to know it now, I'm so blessed that we live where we live. There are all these fun streets, and paths and trails (and the lake) to walk around and it's such a blessing.
Today was Dr. Seuss day. At first I wasn't sure what we were going to do. I thought about Thing 1 Thing 2... I thought about trying to get bristol board and making Cat in the Hat hats, but I wasn't sure how that was going to work. But then, I had a stroke of inspiration! Hop on Pop! I had each of the girls pick a page to re-create, except Fiona. We figured that she was small enough to actually hop on pop, so her page was pre-assigned. I was really, really happy with how the pages turned out!
It was so much fun. Ken and Fiona took so many pictures to get the shot just right. Kate and Alice were awesome. Some theme days are so much fun!
Wednesday, May 6th
I don't honestly remember much about this day. It was Villain Day today. So we have the Queen of Mean, the Wicked Queen, and a Wicked Witch - in Repose.
Thursday, May 7th
Rainbow Day. We made the rainbow - Alice and I and then the girls fought about taking the picture. But we did get a cute pic.
Going on bike rides with Alice and Fiona makes my heart happy.
Friday, May 8th
Today was Wild West Day. I did not have an idea for this, and then Heidi (who comes up with the days each week) suggested wanted posters. Fiona didn't want to be a bad guy, so she was the sheriff instead. Alice and Kate did an awesome job posing for their wanted posters! This made me smile!
Going for family walks makes me very happy. We don't do it enough, but when we do get out, it's awesome! (Albeit, the girls do fuss about it, and we drag them out anyway, and it ends well, but doesn't always begin well!)
Saturday, May 9th
Fiona and this stroller make me giggle. That she is six (almost seven) and still sits in it amuses me. I also love watching her play and taking pics of her playing when she doesn't know that I am. I love the way she talks to her toys. I have loved listening to all of the girls engage in their play. I hear them discuss things, I hear the therapy in their play, I hear them processing their world, and I love it.
Ken's a rock star and did yard work in the front today, while it snowed. Because it snowed today, because why wouldn't it with everything going on!
He did go to Home Depot to do a curbside pick-up of a new BBQ. That was awesome. The BBQ we had we inherited from my parents when they moved from McKelvey in 2011. It had one burner that worked, and it didn't work well! Ken is a very happy man! (And I'm happy too, I love it when Ken BBQs!
Another week has flown by... the ups, the downs, the ugliness and the beauty. I'm grateful for my mostly happy chaos and for our health and safety.






















































No comments:
Post a Comment