Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

I went on a picture hunt. I didn't have pics from every year in my Mother's Day picture folder on my computer so I went hunting. It turns out that I didn't take an "official" mother's day picture until 2012. I am still shocked that I didn't take a pic on my first mother's day, or my second (well I found a grainy cell phone pic) or my third. I didn't blog about motherhood until 2012 - the same year as the first official pictures.

I was exclaiming to Ken (who didn't care lol) and then to Alice. Alice said "maybe you were just busy being a Mom".

And it turns out I was. I did blog on Mother's Day 2009. I posted a video of Kate rolling over. You can hear Ken in the kitchen in the background, and you can hear me. I'm looking at my sweet Kate and cheering; her biggest fan.

I'm so grateful that we come to earth in families. It breaks my heart that some families are broken, that family relationships are so hard for so many. But when they work they are glorious, they are divine. Families are the most important unit in society, and I'm eternally grateful for mine. The family I was born into, and the family Ken and I created.




I wrote this on Facebook:
Mothers. My mother Ruth. My father's mother Helen. My mother's mother Muriel. Me. No two exactly alike. Each with their own unique strengths and abilities. I'm grateful for their varied influences in my life. I'm grateful for my daughters. I'm grateful for this day, to remember and honour all that is sacred and divine about motherhood.
Happy Mother's Day!
 
I wrote this on Instagram:
I'm grateful for these little women I get to raise. I want them to know of their infinite worth. I want to help them realize the divine potential that is within them. "Here's to strong women, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them".

No comments: