Mother's Day got its own blog post, but well, I need to post MORE!
Fiona's favourite thing lately is to pop upside-down on a chair, couch, really anywhere. And if you're sitting beside her on the couch, look out because you might just get kicked in the head!
I took individual selfies with all the girls today. I like taking selfies with them and I don't do it often enough. They are all such strong independent individuals. I love my girls!
The girls all cleaned their rooms yesterday. This was a much needed, long overdue happening! I kind of count it as a mother's day present. I took pictures today, because sadly, I'm not sure how long their bedrooms will stay clean, and it's also fun to have pics of what their rooms looked like at different stages.
Kate's Bedroom
Alice's Bedroom
Fiona's Bedroom
A word about Wordscapes! Ken started playing this game more than a year ago. I used to steal his phone to play it, and then I finally downloaded it to my phone. It's the only game I actually play on my phone. (Social media I suppose is a game of it's own...) Anyway, the girls like this game too. Fiona plays a little on my phone - when there are three letter words, but both Alice and Kate have it downloaded on the devices that they use. A couple of months ago Wordscapes launched team tournaments. They start Friday evening and end Sunday night. I started a team because why not - didn't really think much of it, and my team is amazing! We come in 1st or 2nd every weekend and the whole family plays together a little. I like it more than the rest of the fam, but we all still play!
Monday, May 11thOur next week's dress-up fun!
I snapped this pic today because Alice now regularly eats some of her meals with chopsticks and I think it's really cute!
Ken was delighted to receive his first letter in the mail today. John Inca sent him this card. It put a big smile on Ken's face. Letter writing has been fun during Covid!Today was artist day, it it was not great. The girls never want to do anything on a Monday. Usually no one does school work - except me - I do a lot, and consequently the girls are left to their own devices. They all really love creating art, so that no one wanted to do anything today was in my opinion very lame! I had them do the covers of these Covid19 time capsule books that I thought would be kind of a cool keepsake, but it definitely wasn't a happy time around the table!
Tuesday, May 12th.
Today was epic! There were a number of ups and downs, but EPIC! We had a visit from the Lim-Andersons which put a huge smile on everyone's face. They brought us a box of doughnuts which made the girls so happy. It was really fun having a socially distant hello!
Alice and Ken made meringues. Kate and Fiona both came to pipe some onto the tray.They were a cool lavendar colour, although you can't tell from these pics!
Kate's Zoo
Alice's Zoo
We drove past the LaFrance's. It was Nathan and Janelle's birthday today so we went to say happy birthday with our sign!
We finished our day with a scavenger hunt. Our friend and neighbour Helene Burnett sent me this rock scavenger hunt. She sent a pic of the rock, and then the pic of the place where we would find it. We found all but two of the rocks. Alice and Fiona were amazing. Kate was overwhelmed with the bike riding, but still managed to do half of the trail. We started way too late in the evening, hence we finished after nine in the dark, but it was awesome! The biggest miracle is that my phone - which has been really buggy lately, didn't die!
The "rock concert". This wasn't on the scavenger hunt, but every time we go past it I just need to take a pic!
Trilliums because we couldn't find the rock that was supposed to be here.
Fiona in the tree where the rock (a cute orange one) was supposed to be.
This purple flower is in the Burnett's front garden. It was the last clue. Helene and Brian weren't home, or we would have knocked on the door to say hi!
I was so impressed with all of the girls. There was a lot of determination and tenacity on display tonight!
Wednesday, May 13th
Today was Alphabet Day. The girls posed for pics with things that were there letter names.
Kate kindly cuddling kangaroos Kipper and Kaya.
Alice, apple sauce, an apron and an accessory.
Floral Fiona feeling flowers.
Writing cards to friends and family.
This is a screen shot of Sis. Lundell, Sis Creighton, Fiona and Me. We've been doing lessons with the sister missionaries and it has been so special. Fiona now prays, all the time. Fiona is learning the old testament stories, and she's making connections when we read the Book of Mormon, and it's so great. I can't imagine how hard it is to be a missionary right now. I respect these two beautiful women so much! Yay for technology and all the things we can do because of it!
Today has been my favourite theme day so far. I really miss making music with my students. The lessons I've been doing online are all (or mostly) language based and deal with the elements of music. (My students don't have their own instruments, and the ones that own recorders, may or may not have them at home!)
We don't have enough recorders for everyone, so I made a trip to Long and McQuade and did a curb side pick-up of two more recorders. Alice and Kate both know a little recorder and I was hoping to teach Fiona a little more today, but that didn't happen. Instead I made a video of all three girls playing B. Then a video of Alice, Kate and I playing a duet - they were both on one part.
Kate and I made a video of a piano duet which was fun, so much fun! And then at the end of the day Ken decided he wanted to play! I taught him a simple little duet and we made a video. I'm sad we didn't take a pic, so I took a screen shot of us playing the recorder. I had so much fun!!
Friday, May 15th
Today was Explorer Day. Friday is also the day we spend finishing up the school work from the week. It was also the first time in a while that Kate made a stop motion movie. It was explorer themed and it was really cute. I posted it to Facebook and it got a lot of really positive feedback.
The best part of today though, was going out for a walk after dinner. There are so many awesome places to go for walks around our house. We had a really nice walk. Oh and the face masks that I ordered from a friend, Christine Bosnjak, I used to be her visiting teacher in Orangeville. She's been making masks and I ordered some from her for me and the girls, so Kate and Alice wanted to try them out on our walk.
Saturday, May 16th
I am so thankful that Ken thinks so much about his girls and their happiness and well being. Getting the trampoline was such an awesome thing to do, and tearing down part of the deck, and putting it up - all such a labour of love for Ken. And this picture cracks me up. It's really hard to tell, but there are three little girls in this heap. I'm thankful for the times that they play and get along. It makes my heart happy!
We decided to go back up to Duffin's Creek and go for another walk. We didn't walk as far as I wanted to, but it was still good to be outside and walking. Fiona was a bit of a pickle, and a lot of these pictures are of her being a pickle. She found a stick she called horsey. She carried horsey around and was very sad when we were leaving and she had to leave him behind. There's also a pic of Kate and Alice fighting over sticks. And there's me making a funny face because my kids are fighting over sticks in a forest. IN A FOREST!!! It was a good walk though and everyone was happy for most of it!
I made this cartoon of me on Facebook. Everyone was changing their profile pics to their cartoon self. I didn't do that, but I made and saved the image. I'm not always so into sharing in on the latest trend on Facebook!
Another week together. Another week of health. Another week of chaos. I'm grateful for my family!



























































































No comments:
Post a Comment