Saturday, May 02, 2020

Quarantine Week 7 - April 26 - May 2

Sunday, April 26th
Church. We're still trying to figure it out. The girls watched Zoom primary and seemed to be okay. Then we asked them to watch the zoom devotional, which they sort of did. Then we had our own meeting, which stopped halfway through with anger and sadness. It was not good. We need to figure out what to do to have the spirit and be uplifted and meet the needs of all involved.

It was announced today that the school closure was extended again. Schools in Ontario are now closed through to the end of May. Everyone is wondering when they're just going to call the year done. Online learning is tricky, the girls don't like it, it's a lot of work, I miss my classroom, but it doesn't make sense to send people back into the world if you can't keep them safe!



Monday, April 27th
Welcome to Anger and Sadness Ranch. Farmer Day. Trying to take a cute picture of the three girls proved impossible. Kate and Fiona were determined to be awful, so awful they were, hence, anger and sadness ranch!

After the anger and sadness I wanted to take a bike ride. I wanted to go with Alice and Fiona on an epic bike ride. So we did. We rode South on Pickering Beach road to the beach and then all the way along the beach to Shoal Point Road. Next we turned north. We went past the "big" Rock Concert, and then along Spiers to the third gate. This is when things took a turn. Alice was ahead of us the entire time. I thought once we got to the gate she knew the rest of the way. She gave me the thumbs up, and took off, and Fiona and I kept going well behind her. Fiona and I got all the way home, but no Alice. We walked over to the neighbours who were all outside on their lawn and no Alice. I hopped back on my bike and retraced the ride, and when I got to Cluett, I found my Alice. She was walking with an older couple who were helping her, and when she saw me she put her bike down and ran to my arms and sobbed.

Alice should have cycled across the bridge. She didn't think it was the right bridge so she kept going. She came out another gate and didn't know where she was. She rode back to the other gate, along Spiers and back to Shoal Point. She started to cry, and met the couple. They asked her what was wrong and she said she didn't know where her Mom was. They were bringing her back home when I found them. I didn't know them, and honestly I don't even remember much of what they said, except that they were helping her. I hope I said thank you, but I was so focused on Alice, I'm not honestly sure what I said!






When we got home we joined the lawn party at the Stahlers. It was a social distancing lawn party to say goodbye to the Grants. Holly, Jeff, Abi, and James are going to London to stay with Holly's parents while their house gets built in Caledonia. Us grown ups stayed six feet apart, but the kids sure didn't! It was fun!






I had a long interesting chat with my Mom tonight - on messenger. She told me a few weeks ago (who knows how long ago - but not that long - it was just before her birthday I think) that she met a guy on match.com a Korean man called CJ. Tonight Mom confessed that she's in love with him, and I think that they want to get married, but little hitch, his divorce was never finalized in Korea. Mom is a giddy teenager, it's weird. I'm happy for Mom, but concerned about how quick this is that she's fallen head over heals. 


Tuesday, April 28th
Today was Disney day, but no one wanted to do anything. Alice and Fiona watched videos on old phones under their coats lying on the trampoline.
We found out about the Rock Garden they're starting at the school. It was actually Alice's teacher Mme. Clarke who started it. I had the girls pick out some of our egg rocks, and I sprayed them and then after dinner we all rode our bikes over to the school and left our rocks.

Wednesday, April 29th
Today was career day. Alice and Kate didn't want to do anything, but Fiona and I had already started talking about it so she was game. Fiona loves to build. She comes up with the most creative designs for duplo and for magnatiles. I've told her several times that she should be an architect so that's what she is. We found a blue piece of paper for her "blue" prints and then she re-built her house to follow the plan.

I had my zoom book club meeting, and when I was done I looked out the window to see what all the noise was. It was a cold, slightly rainy day and Alice and Fiona had the sun umbrellas out and a tarp. 

Thursday, April 30th
Fiona got mail today. We've all been writing more letters. Kate's gotten a letter from Hannah, and this was from Hazel, who got the letter we sent her today! Getting and writing letters in the mail has always been something I've loved so much. It's fun to see a bit of a resurgence of this.
It was last week that a few things happened. The girls were fighting over Duplo platforms, Fiona was starting to worry that her birthday would be a pandemic birthday and I looked at the Duplo website. I saw this adorable house, while I was looking for a platform, and I wanted to get it for Fiona. I showed it to her and asked her if she wanted an early birthday present and she was super excited. I figured it would take the ten days they said it would, and it would be a month early, but it came today! Fiona and Alice were so excited.
It was mostly Alice that built the house for Fiona - I think Fiona helped a little, but it was so cute! Alice loves to take care of Fiona and Fiona loves to be taken care of!
It was pirate day, and Alice knows how to make pirate hats, so she made them out of newspaper. I found a pirate symbol online and printed a few. The girls used the trampoline box as a boat, and voila, the girls are navigating the treacherous "Sea of Toys". Then they were going to play, but instead they fought, a lot. It was lovely. 
Friday, May 1st 
Today was Harry Potter Day. The days are really kind of a blur. Trying to get my school work done. Trying to get the girls to be quiet when Ken has a meeting. Trying to get the girls to do their school work. Meals, meals and more meals. The weeks are a blur. I'm grateful for my job, but sometimes I find myself wishing I had more free time. I don't have a commute any more but my days are so full of work!

Kate was so excited about  Harry Potter Day. This was one of her suggestions and she was excited today. I'm feeling pretty proud of us, coming up with all of these costumes with just what we have around the house. Kate is Harry, Alice is Ron and Fiona is Hermione.




I love sneaking off for walks with my Ken! 
Saturday, May 2nd
Today was a nothing day. The girls did what they wanted. I worked on a mother's day gift for my Mom. Ken worked all day. I found this note today, and I think it was from pirate day. There was much fighting about the boats lol! 
Another week down. How many more to go? That's anyone's guess!


No comments: