Friday, January 03, 2020

The First Week of January (second week of winter break)

The kids played. Lots of Netflix, YouTube and Disney Plus was watched. No one did too much at first. On New Years Day we went to see the last Star Wars movie: The Rise of Skywalker. I don't know if I loved watching it with the kids, but we watched it, and the girls, having watched all previous EIGHT movies with Ken in the previous two weeks did enjoy it, I think!

On Thursday Kate went to a course run by the Canadian Red Cross - Home Alone. She learned about taking care of herself when she's home alone. She had a good day. Alice, Fiona and I did a bunch of errands. The girls got paid all of the accumulated allowance money, and then Kate and I went to the bank and Kate got her very first bank card (after dinner). Before dinner we went for a bit of a walk, because goodness we've all been inside too much! Here's to hoping the next little while will be healthy!
On Friday Ken worked from home so we could leave after his 1 pm meeting. (We went to my Mom's, we went swimming, then Ken and I went to the temple.) On Friday morning I took the girls to the bank - Kate now has a Youth savings account, not just a savings account (oops), we went to Homesense where I bought two new pillows for the living room upstairs. AND then we went to Michael's. Alice and Fiona happily bought squishy pillows and beanie boos with their allowance money. Kate bought a beanie boo too - and she used her debit card - it was really cute! I should have taken a picture. We also booked Alice's birthday party at Michael's for February 22nd.

And just like that it's back to real life... or is this real life?!

No comments: