We made her invitations I feel like in December? She invited two friends from church - Saraliya and Hannah, and one friend from school - Sofia. We even had Sofia andher parents over for a brief visit last weekend, before trying to take their kid downtown! Sadly, on Saturday morning I get a text from Sofia's Mom that she was sick and wouldn't be able to make it.
I can't remember exactly when the snow started coming down, but by 2 p.m. it was very sloppy outside. Hannah got dropped off at 2 and we finally got organized and left the house to pick up Saraliya around 2:30.
The girls were so cute. Honestly, I kept looking at them and feeling all warm and fuzzy. We took the Go Train downtown which made traveling through the snow a breeze!
We had been watching the CN Tower cam all morning so it was no surprise when we were walking into the Aquarium and looked up and we couldn't see the top of the CN Tower. It was confirmed that we were making the right decision!
Hannah had been to the Aquarium before, and our girls have been, but Saraliya had never been, so that was fun!
Hannah had a phone and Saraliya had a game device, and they took so many pictures. It was so cute to watch.
At the end, just before the gift shop there's a huge pool where there are Rays swimming around and you can touch them. There was this one Ray that kept swimming and splashing the girls. The girls were laughing and giggling and loving it!
I bought the souvenir photo for the birthday party guests and Kate and bought a digital download. It's so cute! I'm a sucker for souvenir photos - well some of time!
When we left to go to dinner you could barely make out the top of the CN Tower... barely!
Lesson time... When we were leaving Kate wanted to wear her sneakers, not her boots. I strongly encouraged her, tried to reason with her, but she was a little sassy in front of her friend, and I didn't want to completely embarrass her in front of her friend, so I said, fine, do it your way, wear the shoes. When we were crossing Front Street to go to Boston Pizza, I was holding onto Kate. The snow bank was really big, and I lost my grip and Kate fell in the snowy slushy mess and she sobbed.We ate dinner and had a good meal - it was busy and the service was okay, but we got everything we needed so that was that.
When we left Boston Pizza you could completely see the CN Tower! Hannah and Saraliya are fast walkers, and it turned out to be a good thing, because if they hadn't kept up the pace they did, we wouldn't have made the train! As we were walking to Union station we had to cross York Street, this time I made Ken hold onto Kate. She didn't fall, but this time stepped in a huge slush puddle and got a soaker. She sobbed and sobbed. I was very sad for her, but we had a great discussion about agency and consequences. I hope she will remember the conversation!
We got back to Ajax, and drove the two girls home. Ken was able to get the van through the very snowy side streets and get us back home. We had a really fun day and I think Kate was very properly celebrated!!! We love our Kate! Happy snowy birthday!




























No comments:
Post a Comment