Sunday, December 22, 2019

McCartney Family Christmas

Once upon a time we hosted a McCartney Family Thanksgiving in Tottenham. Our house felt like it was pushed to the limits. It was good that it was nice out, because lots of people hung out outside. I felt unsure of when we'd ever be up for hosting again...

This year we finished our basement. Our house now had enough room - maybe! Our long narrow house with only one sitting room - ugh, I sound awful complaining, but Ken's family is big, and I wasn't sure we'd all fit, but we did! I don't think we fit well, but we fit. Everyone did seem to have a good time like they always do.

Poor little Fiona had a fever, such a bad fever. Well, not scary hospital bad, but she slept so much, and she was so out of it, and I couldn't get her to take any advil. She was a mess. And I didn't want to leave her alone, so I held her, Ken held her, and the two of us took turns staying upstairs with the poor little thing.

We did have a nice time, despite poor feverish Fiona. I think Ken's family had a nice time. Little Kinsley (Brittany and Dan's baby) was a delight to meet! And our girls helped clean on Saturday. We did so much cleaning and organizing it felt good, really good. And we didn't have to drive anywhere. And if it had been somewhere far, I would have stayed home with Fiona. So really, the whole thing worked out the way it needed to.






















No comments: