Instead of a family trip to the Science Centre, Kate and I went and had a kid date. I know a few people that do kid dates, one on one outings with a parent (or two) and one child. I've always thought that these were such good ideas, but we usually just go out as a family. Today Ken was having a work problem that was taking forever to fix, and Fiona and Alice did not want to leave the house. (They're still so happy to be home from our Utah trip.) Kate very much wanted to leave the house, so she and I went to the Science Centre and we had a date!
It was really relaxing just being with one child. We had a really fun time. They had a casual "space" show, where we looked at the night sky and just asked questions - it was so fun. There was an awesome display about the space program and female astronauts. And we just generally had fun looking at stuff and learning! I love the Science Centre. Oh, and Kate hid her "Idea" rock at the Science Centre.
Kate's profile.
My profile.
Kate's face in bubbles.
It's also the 50th anniversary of the Science Centre. The walkway features information about innovations over the last fifty years. Pretty awesome. Kate and I had a really nice time. I'm so thankful to get to do so many fun things with my kids!









No comments:
Post a Comment