We had such a beautiful Halloween this year. It was clear, and kind of warm - well warm for October. Kate didn't even wear a coat. It was my turn to go out trick or treating this year, and Ken stayed at home to hand out the candy. He had fun jumping up from a chair and scaring kids, and I had fun watching the girls interact with our neighbours. I really do love Halloween - the fun of it, the coming together of everyone in the community, the candy!
I can't remember exactly when we watched the Wizard of Oz with the girls - but after driving through Kansas this summer they were curious. I've never thought very much of the movie, but I actually enjoyed watching it with the girls. It was surprising to me how many famous lines are from the Wizard of Oz.
This led to the girls deciding to do a Wizard of Oz theme for their costumes. Kate as Dorothy, Alice as the Wicked Witch and Fiona as the Good Witch Glinda. I was commissioned to make the costumes. Kate's costume was required right away, as she had a birthday party that asked everyone to come in costume.
Alice and Fiona's costumes were much more last minute! But everything came together and everyone looked super cute!
The girls had lots of fun trick or treating and got a reasonable amount. If there is in fact a reasonable amount!
We went up and down our street, two streets nearby and then we came home and drove over to visit Kate's friends Stella, Arianna, and we went to the Primary President's house. We all love Lynn and Lynn loves Halloween! I wish I'd got a picture of Lynn and the girls, but I didn't.
Ken and the girls carved pumpkins last Sunday when I was at the Stake Meetings. And then Ken carved his own pumpkin earlier tonight.
All in all another wonderfully fun Halloween! I'm going to miss this when the girls are too old!













No comments:
Post a Comment