Wednesday - we started out the day trying to cool down Kate's sunburn. My sweet friend Heidi suggested black tea. It didn't really seem to do anything? I'm not sure though, it might have done something. In the afternoon we met two other Mom's from church and their kids at the library for some fun doing LEGO and then playing. It was great. When we got home Fiona was desperate to phone Waverlea. She and Waverlea spoke on the phone after dinner and it was hilarious listening to them. The two of them arranged another playdate next week, and they took pictures of themselves for each other - too cute!
Thursday - we were supposed to meet some Moms from church and their kids at Liverpool beach in Pickering. I didn't feel like fighting with my slow pokes, so I didn't. We got to our 10 am play date at 12:30. Oh well. We did manage to see the other Moms and friends as they were leaving. Then the girls had a fun time playing for an hour. Then we had ice cream for lunch! After a quick trip to the grocery store we came home and Scarlett from a few doors down came over to play. AND THEN!!! We went to IKEA and bought bookshelves and Fiona went to smaland for the first time. I'm excited about doing some rearranging in the house. I need my home to be a place of rest, not a chaotic place.
Friday - Debbie Penney and her kids came over to paint rocks. They kids painted lots, and lots of rocks. (I painted a few, then ruined them - I got impatient and didn't let the dry, and I didn't modge podge before I used the spray. NOT GOOD!) Oh well, the kids had lots and lots of fun, and I had a lovely time visiting with Debbie.
Saturday - we were all kind of pokey. Ken and Alice and Kate put the bookshelves together, I put art in frames and hung it up on the wall in the girls bathroom. And then instead of an outing, I took Kate for a haircut (so cute!) and Ken took Fiona and Alice in search of swim shirts and googles. We didn't find swim shirts - go figure, the stores are filled with fall stuff in August! But I did manage to get some quick drying sport tops which will work as swim shirts.
Sunday - church day. Primary was really small today - how can you tell it's a long weekend?! But still lovely of course. This morning as I lay in bed looking at my Facebook memories, the bottom picture of Alice, Kate and Anna in the dresses I made, came up. I had to put Fiona in 'Kate's' dress and take a pic and post it!
Today was a pretty lazy day. Last summer I did too much and I wasn't ready to go back to school. I don't want to make that mistake again this summer, but I also don't want to waste away the rest of August. I guess looking at the week we had, I haven't really been wasting away the days! I've got organizing I really want to do - and there's lots more fun to be had!





































No comments:
Post a Comment