I wanted to take a picture of our whole family outside the church, but cooperation thy name is not Fiona, and I didn't ask anyone to take the picture, and well, I just didn't make it happen.
I got a picture of Kate, one of Alice and Kate, and one of Me and Kate.
And really. I think it's fitting. (Well, not the absence of Ken.) It is sad to me that at three years of age Fiona won't remember Orangeville. This huge part of our lives, our first home, our first so many things and Fiona just won't remember. I'm not sure what Alice will remember but I'm fairly certain that Kate will remember lots!
We have loved being part of Orangeville ward. We have felt left out sometimes - geographically, and of our own doing - it's hard being 25-30 minutes away from everyone else. It makes things in our busy world too much, but we have loved this ward. It's an amazing ward full of strength and good friends.
I'm glad I took some silly selfies last week. Last Saturday night we went out with three other couples - for the first time. I think it was Terri-Ann that said, "why didn't we do this before?" And it's true. Why do we wait sometimes? Why don't we take the time to seize opportunities to make memories.
Elder Ballard said today that grandparents are memory makers. I think this is true for everyone. All we do really leave behind are memories. I hope that I leave behind lots of good ones.
This is Erin, Me, Terri-Ann, and Kim. We served in primary together before Alice was born - I think I was called in Nov/Dec of 2010? I can't remember exactly. Kim was the president, and Erin was a counselor, I was the secretary and Terri-Ann played the piano. Now Kim is the song leader, Terri-Ann is the president, I was the piano player, and Erin is in YWs. We hung out lots doing play groups and scripture study and book club. They've been a big part of my life the last seven years.
I'm grateful that I have my summers off, and that Ajax isn't really that far away. I'm excited to see how our paths will cross as our kids all move into the youth program. They all have kids older than mine, but our youngers all over lap. Who knows who will be friends again as they go to camp and leadership conferences. I'm grateful for the gospel that binds us, and for social media to make the world small.






No comments:
Post a Comment